Thursday 27 December 2012

Push-Pull-Tabata-Superset Workout Part 1

Let me finish where I left off previously on the workout which will incinerate the stubborn layer of fats underneath your skin....

Push-Pull-Tabata-Superset workout! As I mentioned in my previous post, this workout is meant for those who wants to reduce bodyfat (and to some extent their bodyweight) so that they are able to increase their agility in any running sport that they play, be it soccer, basketball, football or even martial arts for that matter. As simple as this....the lighter you are, the more agile you'll be (you dont need a rocket scientist to figure that out).

A point to remember guys, DIET is extremely important here. As our mission here is to reduce body fat and body weight, we dont need those extra calories stored in our bodies if we are not going burn them during the day. Rule #1 - Fuel Our Body, Burn Them, Sleep With Zero Calories. Remember, I once again emphasize, only take extra intake of food, if you know you're going to burn them later during the day. Otherwise, don't bother. When I say this, don't starve yourselves guys, just eat the necessary amount of food which can last you for the day (as opposed to the traditional "6 small meals a day" diet. Will explain this to you guys in my future blogs). For now, lets just focus on the workout routine.

Depending on how often in a week you play your primary sport (i.e. football, basketball, etc), you may want to tailor your workout frequency in a way that it gives your body enough rest for it to perform at its optimum level during your matches. Having said that, your core (abs) which is the most important part of body in these sports need to be worked out most days of the week (6 times a week). Remember, abs are muscles which recovers easily and can be worked out everyday.

Let me give you myself as an example, as you would have probably noticed in my previous post, I'm an active footballer who plays football competitively on every weekends (Saturday & Sunday). On top of that, I'll have my football training 2-3 times a week during weekdays. Therefore, I've arranged my workout programme in such a way that I'll be doing weight training 2-3 times a week. And the training programme will be a Push-Pull programme where training day #1 will be all the push exercises (i.e. chest, shoulder and triceps) and training day #2 are all the push pull exercises (i.e. back and biceps). You can add in training day #3 for your legs workout to increase strength but this is optional as you might have done this during your sport training (for example, I get my legs trained during my 2-3 football training sessions in a week, so to have a separate legs workout at the gym for me is totally unnecessary. And plus, my legs will be so exhausted and fatigue that it will affect my speed and agility during football matches).

The remaining 4-5 days will be abs workout days for me. You'll still see me at the gym but will purely be working out my abs. If you feel that you need to do more cardio to increase your stamina and endurance, you may do so during these training days (i.e. treadmill, etc).

That'll be your training split for the week. So what is Tabata and how does this "Tabata Superset" thing work? That'll be further explained in "Push-Pull-Tabata-Superset Workout Part 2". Stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment