Tuesday 8 January 2013

Looking Back.....

I'm sure everyone in this world have gone through a period of their lives of which they wish they would not have even been apart of it. Come to think of it...history are made to be remembered.

For 20 years I've lived being the person who don't want to be. Rejections and limitations have always disappointed me ever since I was a small kid. And the only friend I had at that time who I could turn to and provide me with all the comfort and satisfaction was food, chocolates and all the other junk foods. There was no resentment at that time cause disappointment had overshadowed my own personal strength which I could have used to bring out the better person in me back then.

At the age of 16, I was weighing approximately 90kg. As you might have noticed when reading my previous blogs, I have always been in love with football and have always wanted to take up the sport seriously. I can still remember clearly....every year, I would show up for the selection to represent the school in football, and as usual...yeah you guessed it right, I did mot make it into the team. Which coach who is in the right mind will want to take a 90kg liability into the team. Since then, I've only played in social friendly games...and believe it or not, I was only a substitute in the team!

That's a picture of me in one of the team photos which was taken back in 1999.

 

At 20, just before I flew off to London to further my studies in Accountancy, I was weighing at approximately 108kg. Below are some of the pictures taken during my college days....
 


London was where everything started to change. I was playing football very very often back then and walking to the tube station and then to college everyday had helped me to some extent to reduce my weight. And also probably cause I really missed my mum's cooking.
With my dad few days after we've arrived in London
When I saw my weight reduced bit by bit...I started saying to myself, "Hey, this is possible and if I discipline myself well enough to exercise well and reduce my food intake, I can actually reduce my weight". Now, notice my 1st mistake - REDUCE MY FOOD INTAKE.

After 20 years being labelled a "Fat-Boy", I finally said to myself, "Ok, enough is enough!" Its time for a change and I'd do whatever it took to reduce my weight. And when I said that I reduced my food intake, I almost starved myself guys. There were days where I only ate ONE bar of Snickers. Let me emphasize here that this IS NOT THE RIGHT WAY of dieting and to lose your weight (I'll explain to you the proper diet and how to lose weight in my other post). Not to mention that I was on Xenadrine fat burner too at that time. Even though yes, I may have achieved the result I wanted but there were times where I nearly fainted when I was exercising. Yes, you read that correctly! Even though I was starving myself from food, I still continued to exercise like how I usually did. That was how dedicated and determined I was in losing my weight.

Within 3 MONTHS, sometime in June 2003, my body weight was down to 74kg. 30kg in 3 months huh....some people might think that it's impossible but hey I've proved it, and I'm still standing here right now...ALIVE!


Taken at Edgware Road, London in June 2003


Taken at Sheffield, United Kingdom, during one of the football tournaments in November 2004

I got back from London in June 2005 and was maintaining the weight of 74kg until I started hitting the gym. I signed up at a gym in Kuala Lumpur in July 2005 and have been working out there religiously ever since. Now at 29 years of age, I weigh at 82kg with single digit bodyfat.

Below are few of my recent photos which were taken at Kuala Sepetang, Taiping, Malaysia....
 


As you can see, I've been through it all...from a chubby fat teenager, to a scrawny skinny young man and to the man I am today. All that I'm saying guys, everything is achievable and nothing is impossible IF and only IF you put you mind, soul and focus into it. You've got to give your 130% in everything you do guys. And remember, to achieve your fitness goals, you have to stay motivated and mentally focused at all times. And please please be patient. Stay disciplined and result will come along the way. I promise you!

That's a little history of myself which I hope can to some extent help to inspire and motivate you guys in achieving your fitness and personal goals.

Thanks for reading.....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment